• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Coin-Op Mortal Kombat Now Playable On Analogue Pocket, MiSTer FPGA Version "Not Feasible"

1728395749862.png

Mortal Kombat is now playable on the Analogue Pocket, thanks to the efforts of Coin-Op Collection.

You'll need to be a Patreon supporter to get access to the core, which is still in beta.

Here's the announcement:

Today marks the 32nd release of Mortal Kombat, a title that needs no introduction. The original Mortal Kombat remains a cornerstone in the history of fighting games, celebrated for its digitized graphics featuring real-life actors, intense gameplay, and infamous violence. Its brutal combat set a new benchmark for the genre, but it was the debut of the now-iconic "Fatalities" that solidified its legacy, sparked controversy, and made Mortal Kombat a defining title in fighting game history.
This is the first release I'll manage for the Y-Unit Analogue Pocket OpenFPGA platform. Pramod and I spent about 110 hours working on this release over the last 16 days. I am very happy with how things turned out for the first entry of Mortal Kombat.
I'd like to take this opportunity to reiterate that Mortal Kombat is not feasible for the MiSTerFPGA platform. In addition to utilizing on-board SDRAM (over-clocked), Pramod also leverages all other memory resources available on the Analogue Pocket to their fullest extent. If you'd like to know how this is possible and learn more about the Analogue Pocket architecture, check the following link.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back