• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying GameParadise! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Shodown RPG (eng patched) on NCDZPSP

admin

Chad
Staff member
85%
Hello everyone. I bet many of you didn't even know about the existence of a Neo-Geo CD emulator for PSP: well, it has been around for a long time and it is outstanding.
https://archive.org/details/ncdzpsp-2.3.5.7z
But to play the various games you have to convert the CD images. More precisely, you have to extract the ISO data files into a game folder, inside the roms folder, and then collect them into a zip archive. While you have to convert all the music tracks from WAV to MP3 and place them in the MP3 folder, side by side with the zipped game.

1701511225128.jpg

Well, SSRPG works excellently on NCDZPSP, with the only flaw being the relatively long loading times (by today's standards), similar moreover to the loading times of real hardware. Also annoying may be the high encounter rate, which is, moreover, similar to some SNES RPG games. The english translation of this classic RPG game represents a milestone and a memorable achievement (always coveted by fans of the genre but by now unhoped for) on a par with the legendary translations of more than 20 years ago of such titles as Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean or Seiken Densetsu 3 for snes.

1701511248017.jpg

Bird's eye view, which personally reminds me of Beyond Oasis for Sega Genesis.
Detailed and colorful old-school graphics, music that recalls the atmosphere of medieval Japan, gameplay typical of classic turn-based jrpg games.
Try it on your PSP and give me your opinion.

Recent Content

Newest Downloads

Tutorials

Back